Nothing say Sunday's in October like Football. At least, that is how it is in this house!
Kick off your game day party the right way and have your whole crowd cheering for more with these pretzel bites!
10 cups water
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon water
1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
4 teaspoons sesame seed
1/2 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 10 cups water and the baking soda to boiling over high heat.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water with fork until well mixed. Set aside.
4. Unroll dough onto work surface; separate into 8 triangles. Starting at shortest side of each triangle and stretching dough slightly, roll up loosely to opposite point. Bring ends of dough together; pinch lightly.
5. Place rolls, 2 at a time, in boiling soda water; cook 30 seconds. With slotted spoon, remove from water; place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining rolls. Lightly brush tops with egg mixture; sprinkle each with sesame seed and pinch of salt.
6. Using metal pancake turner, carefully transfer rolls to cookie sheet. If necessary, reshape rolls into pretzel shape.
7. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.